Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bags packed

Well, I've checked in online and printed my boarding passes.  Now I just need to do some final packing and wait for tomorrow.  I will get to the airport 3 hours before my flight as recommended.  Hey, it's been a while since I've done international travel.



While I'm flying I'll try to keep the news stories out of my head and pray that no needles are in my dinner and that my pilots are not blinded by lasers.  Most importantly I'll try to sleep.  Luckily my mom lent me her blow up neck pillow.

Today's been a relaxing day of going to the gym, attending to some final kitchen remodel business, going out to lunch, and heading to the library with Amelia.  "The Future of Us" that I had requested (I thought I had suspended the request until after my trip) came in.  I plowed through the first third of the book and could even finish it before my flight tomorrow.  Yes, Jay Asher, I may finish reading both of your books before getting on the flight.  Then it's off to Overdrive Medialand where I've requested two other ebooks from the library that should hopefully keep me busy and not completely drain my iPhone of battery-life.  I'm trying to pack light so I'm not carrying books with me.

While traveling I'll be trying the WhatsApp with friends and family.  It's a $.99 download, but texts are free.  It sounds like a better plan than the 50 texts from ATT for $10.00.  I don't want to be text counting while on my trip.  Plus I don't know how much it would cost for people to text me.  I wouldn't want someone to be charged $.50 for every text.  Plus I don't even know if I'll have reception that often on the island.  Listen to me, I've only been texting for two years and I sound like that's the only form of communication there is.

I will also check email and update this blog where I have wi-fi.

The next time you hear from me I'll be on my way!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Liz! Here's to a safe trip and soaking up loads of culture and inspiration. Can't wait to hear all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip! Looking forward to reading more and seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete